When I posted my first volume of this new blog feature, I was more than a little apprehensive about the feedback it would receive. I mean, yes, this blog is first and foremost my personal corner on the Internet. But at the same time, I don’t want to subject my readers to irrelevant content — and there’s a persistent voice in my head that says everything about me is irrelevant.
Thankfully, unlike the voice in my head, all the blog post comments I received were encouraging and heartening. Many of you see Cup of Content as an opportunity to get to know me better. I can’t fully express how grateful I am that most, if not all of you, are interested in knowing me outside of the guides, resources, and book reviews that I write.
Enough cheesy sentimentality. Let’s go over this volume’s cup of content!
Cup of Content
Cup of Content is a bi-monthly feature where I share compilations of content that I recently consumed, that left a lasting impression on me, or that I personally find valuable. It also highlights my latest interests and obsessions outside of books. In other words, Cup of Content consists of bits and bytes that tickle my fancy.
My Latest Obsessions
Much like two weeks ago, my latest fancy remains to be BTS! No, I still won’t participate in fandom culture. Yes, Jungkook and Taehyung are still my favorites to see and watch. Although I’m growing fonder and fonder of J-Hope every single day.
At this point, I think I’ve watched all their performances of Dynamite. Or at least the ones that have been released so far. I thought that their performance on America’s Got Talent would easily become my favorite one because V gets the exposure that he deserves. Also, that small scene in the car? Be still, my heart.
However, BTS decided to prove me wrong with their tiny desk concert! Everyone’s just vibing and having fun. I’m 100% here for it!
Moreover, aside from their latest single, I’ve also been avidly listening to Stay Gold, Spring Day, and IDOL. I’m still slowly making my way through all their songs. (If you have any specific song or performance recommendations, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments below! I’d love to check them out.)
Aside from BTS, my other biggest obsession is Notion! If you’ve been following me for a long while, then you must know that I am the biggest planning and organizing nerd. I love finding the intersection between form and function. Between elegance and efficiency. Setting up my Notion has really taken over my life, and I have zero complaints.
Bits of Media
For the second half of September, I turned to Netflix more and more. This led to me abandoning most of the books on my monthly TBR. Which sucks. But I’ve been feeling really drained lately, and Netflix is much easier to consume.
- Crazy Ex Girlfriend (currently rewatching season 1)
- Sing On! (watched season 1)
- Get Organized with The Home Edit (currently watching season 1)
Bytes of Content
? Booktube & Videos
- Discussion: What makes readers pick up a book (from Your Tita Kate)
- Miscellaneous: 1,000 followers Q&A (from Read By Tiffany)
- Miscellaneous: Magical Girls announcement (from milkyboos)
- Live show: The Ikessar Falcon (from Gerald the Bookworm)
- Planning: Notion tour space (from Word Wonders)
- Review: The Ikessar Falcon (from INFP_bookworm)
- Review: Fireborne (from Cuckoo for Books)
? Blogs & Articles
- Discussion: Being a new blogger and 6 things I learned through trial and error (from Love Yo Shelf)
- Discussion: Book blogging vs. booktube – pros, cons, and thoughts (from Word Wonders)
- Discussion: Tigers in Viet lore and upcoming novellas (from Read at Midnight)
- Planning: How I use Notion to track my life, my reading, my blog, and my dissertation (from the little mouse that reads)
- Recommendations: kpop girl group summer essentials (from milkyboos)
- Recommendations: Book recs based on musicals (from marshmallow harmonies)
- Resources: SEO tips to rank and rock (from Studio Mommy)
- Review: The Ikessar Falcon by K.S. Villoso (from Moon and Coffee)
Bookish Creator Shout-outs
? Book Bloggers
I’d love to hear from you!
? What media have you been consuming lately? Do you have any films or Netflix series to recommend?
? I figured that I might as well use this feature as an opportunity to highlight different bookish content creators! What do you think? Did I mention any of your faves?
? Have you tried playing around with Notion?