As someone who was born and has lived in Southeast Asia for all her life, I have an obvious soft spot for Asian representation in books and in media. The same holds true for fellow Asian bookish creators from various platforms, such as book blogs, bookstagram, and booktube. In line with this, I believe that Asian readers should be the first in line to receive opportunities for books with Asian representation.
Hence, one of my projects is to build an extensive directory of Asian bookish creators and to establish an inclusive and supportive community for them.
I hope to use this directory to give Asian creators the visibility and recognition they deserve, as well as to help them find opportunities (e.g. authors/publishers in search of #ownvoices book reviewers) and camaraderie within the community.
- Apart from the obvious (i.e. identifying as Asian or Asian diaspora), you must create content about books — be it regularly or infrequently. As long as you consider yourself as a bookish creator or bookish influencer, then you are qualified for the directory.
- Register your bookish platforms in their respective directories. This means that if you want to enlist all your platforms (i.e. book blog, bookstagram, booktube), then you must fill out all three forms.
- Kindly note that with your consent, I will forward a copy of the information you will provide to authors and/or publishers, should they request for it. Withholding your permission will prohibit your information from being sent out.
- After filling out the form, make it official! Grab the ABC logo and display it at any visible part of your platform. Share it with pride!
To request a copy of the Asian Bookish Creators Directory, simply contact me and indicate your request in your message.
Kindly provide the following relevant information:
- Position and relevant affiliations
- What type of creators you’re looking for (i.e. book bloggers, bookstagrammers, booktubers)
- Purpose (i.e. what you intend to use the directory for)
Please take note that I reserve the right to ignore and decline requests to my discretion.