Notice (14/08/20): The Patreon for Shut up, Shealea is still a work-in-progress and has no uploaded content at this time. If you choose to subscribe to any of the tiers, you will not be charged until exclusive content is first posted (target estimate: November or December). This means that all subscription fees are currently being waived.
The Patreon Vault is a password-protected area that is exclusively for subscribed patrons.
This vault contains in-depth guides*, spreadsheet and letter templates (including the full version of the Ultimate Reader Spreadsheet), and other exclusive resources. In order to gain access to the vault, you must subscribe as a Sunflower Bud or a higher tier.
* Note: Basic guides will still be accessible to the public. However, more advanced tutorials and more detailed guides — that can hopefully help you get to the next level — can be found in the vault.
After many years of blogging, I’ve finally gone self-hosted, which significantly increases my blog-related expenses. Furthermore, as a recent college graduate who is struggling to land a good job during this pandemic, financial security has gotten trickier to obtain, especially in a third-world country that’s continuously burying itself in trillions of debt.
These unfortunate circumstances have pushed me to finally set up a Patreon page, which will serve as an extension of my blog (not a replacement!). This means that I’ll still be creating content on Shut up, Shealea — including basic guides, spreadsheet templates and resources, and discussion posts — but I’ll also be working on additional content for my Patreon.
Accessibility is hugely important to me and I personally love sharing my content with everyone, which is why the majority of my Patreon content can be accessed for a very low fee of 1 US dollar per month (or roughly 50 Philippine pesos per month). In my country, that’s the equivalent of a really cheap rice meal.
By supporting me and my work on Patreon, you will gain premium access and enjoy numerous perks (see Patreon Tiers and Benefits for more details). The additional income raised from your patronage will be used for the following:
- Payment for my domain name and hosting
- Payment for other blogging costs, including the buying of books and props
- Saving up for better-quality equipment (e.g. camera, premium software or applications)
- Saving up to move out of my house (and officially join the world of independent adults)
Patreon Tiers and Benefits
|Sunflower Seed||Sunflower Bud||Sunflower Bloom||Garden Royalty|
|Thanks on Patron Page||Yes (name only)||Yes (name + link)||Yes (name + link)||Yes (name + link + logo)|
|Thanks on Patreon blog posts||No||Yes (name only)||Yes (name + link)||Yes (name + link)|
|Monthly buddy read||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Monthly Patreon post||Yes (vote only)||Yes (vote & suggest)||Yes (vote & suggest)||Yes (vote & suggest)|
|Monthly book selection||Yes (vote only)||Yes (vote & suggest)||Yes (vote & suggest)||Yes (vote & suggest)|
|Monthly film selection||Yes (vote only)||Yes (vote & suggest)||Yes (vote & suggest)||Yes (vote & suggest)|
|Questions for monthly Q&A video||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Early access to blog posts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Exclusive discussions & posts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Monthly Q&A video||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Roast reviews of books||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Roast reviews of films||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Exclusive in-depth guides||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ultimate reader spreadsheets||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Spreadsheet and letter templates||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Ability to request customized spreadsheet or template||No||No||No||Yes (one-time)|
|Ability to request guest post||No||No||No||Yes (one-time)|
Other Ways to Support Me
If you aren’t in the position to join any of my Patreon tiers, it’s perfectly okay and I still adore you! I’ll still continue to create content for my blog, and there are plenty of other ways to support me and my work.
- Leave a one-time tip on my ko-fi account for as low as $3.
- Scroll through Quick Kindle Steals and buy a discounted Kindle book using my affiliate links. These titles cost $2.99 or less!
- Claim a 60-day free trial of Scribd using my referral link.
- Claim your Kindle Unlimited membership or Audible Gift membership using my affiliate links. You can also claim an Audible trial that comes with two free audiobooks.
- Make a purchase through any of my affiliate links (which won’t incur any additional costs on your end!). I’ve used all of these shops and services, so I 100% stand by them.